How do You Determine Your Asking Price?
You obviously want to sell your house for the highest possible price. You may even have a number in mind. But, how do you determine if that number is reasonable? You may be concerned that:
- If you list your house too high, few buyers, if any, will see it.
- If your price is too low, you could end up leaving thousands of dollars on the table.
Don’t worry. We’ll help you create a pricing strategy that will interest qualified buyers – and set the stage to get you the highest sale price possible. We also know the local market. We know what properties like yours sell for, and will work hard at getting a sale price at the high end of that range.
We begin by getting to know your property and all its desirable features. Then we make some calculations to determine its Current Market Value. That value is based, in large part, on what similar houses in the area have sold for recently.
Of course, buyers won’t pay for the sentimental value you place on your house. But special features such as hardwood floors, a newly renovated kitchen or bathroom, or a beautiful backyard patio can have an impact on how quickly a property sells and for what price. We’ll help you understand all the factors that go into setting the list price, and ensuring it is just right for the marketplace and your goals.
Curious as to what your house is likely to sell for in today’s market? Please submit the form below or call, text or email for a no-obligation Personal Consultation.
How Do We Attract Qualified Buyers?
When you list your house, it must attract the attention of qualified buyers eager to get into a property like yours. Otherwise, your house may take longer to sell and you may not get the price you expected.
As REALTORS® in the local market, we can get the word out about your listing to all the right people. We know how to attract serious buyers – so a good offer comes in quickly.
To achieve that success, we’ll implement our proven Marketing Plan. After all, there’s more to selling a house than hammering a For Sale sign on the front lawn. We’ll work closely with you to create a marketing plan which may include some or all of the following:
- Taking pictures and gathering the details on your property;
- Writing a compelling property profile and creating effective marketing materials;
- Uploading your listing to MLS – the Multiple Listing Service that real estate agents and buyers use to search for properties;
- Showcasing your listing on our popular website and other co-op websites;
- Leveraging the internet and social media to promote your listing.
In addition, we meet with buyers regularly. In fact, the moment your house is listed we get in touch with everyone we know who is looking for a property like yours, and encourage them to schedule a viewing. We also tap into our network of other real estate agents so their clients know about your property as well.
Our job is to get the right buyers to see your house, love with it, and make a good offer.
Want to learn more about how we’ll aggressively promote and market your house? Please submit the form below or call, text or email us for a no-obligation Personal Consultation.
The sooner we start, the sooner your house will be sold.
Ensuring Viewings are Successful
Viewings with an agent provide opportunities for buyers to get a sense of what it is like to live there. Ideally, you will want them to be impressed by what they see – and motivated to make an offer.
When a viewing takes place, we want to maximize the potential of every feature of your home. To accomplish that, as your agent we advise you on how best to prepare your property, we market it to qualified buyers, and then, at viewings, draw their attention to the great qualities of your house.
When it comes to scheduling, we coordinate with you to select days and times that are as convenient as possible. Obviously, we encourage you to be as flexible as you can, as that will enable more buyers to see your property.
Don’t worry about all the details. We take care of all aspects of scheduling viewings.
Although we do most of the work, there are a few things you can do to make viewings more successful:
- Make sure your house is neat and clean.
- Remove personal items such as family pictures. This makes it easier for buyers to imagine themselves living in the house.
- Find a place to go, such as a walk, a drive or shopping. Buyers are more comfortable if they can view the property without you there.
- If possible, remove your pets. You can take them for a walk, or to a local pet sitting service or kennel.
- Ensure the walkway leading up to your house is clear.
We realize viewings can be a little inconvenient. As your real estate agent, we will do our best to minimize the disruptions. We will focus on bringing in serious buyers, rather than those who are merely curious. This speeds up the process and increases the likelihood of a buyer seeing your property, becoming interested, and making an offer.
To sell your house quickly, and for the highest price possible, it is crucial that viewings are done right. Want to learn more about our approach? Please submit the form below or call, text or email us today to schedule a no-obligation Personal Consultation.
Dealing With Offers
When selling your house, there are fewer things more exciting than receiving an offer. That means someone is interested in your property and has prepared a formal offer to buy it.
What is an offer, exactly?
It’s simply a legal document that shows the price the buyer is proposing to pay, which may or may not be the same as your listing price. An offer will include other details, such as the financing, a proposed closing date, and may also include one or more conditions, such as “conditional on the property passing a home inspection.”
Ideally, when you receive an offer, you will want to sell your house to that buyer for the highest price possible. In addition, you’ll want to make sure there are no potential problems that might prevent the transaction from closing – such as the buyer being unable to arrange financing.
We realize this may sound complicated. Don’t worry. As your real estate agent, we’ll take care of all the details. For example, we will:
- Review the offer with you and explain everything clearly.
- Give you our professional assessment as to the quality of the offer. If there are things that concern us, we’ll point them out to you.
- Advise you on whether to accept the offer, reject the offer, or make a counter-offer.
- Prepare a counter-offer, if necessary, that gets you a better outcome, without risking the sale slipping through your fingers.
- Negotiate with the buyer or buyer’s agent on your behalf, so you sell your house for the highest price possible and the best terms.
- Prepare all the necessary documents, and work closely with the buyer and his or her agent, to make sure the transaction goes through smoothly.
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with us.
Want to discuss how much you may be able to get for your house? Please submit the form below or call, text or email us for a no-obligation Personal Consultation.
Closing The Sale – Making Sure Your Move Goes Smoothly
There are few things we enjoy more than telling a client, “Your house is sold.” That means we have found them a qualified buyer, got them the price they wanted, and negotiated a solid contact.
That doesn’t mean our work is finished. Far from it.
As your real estate agent, we’ll work closely with you to ensure the transaction is finalized and that your move goes smoothly.
We’ll take care of the details, which includes working through the various conditions of the offer to ensure that they are satisfied and the transaction closes.
We’ll also be there for you, as your agent, up to the day you move – and beyond. We provide you with the names of recommended lawyers, contractors, movers, etc. from our network of reputable professionals and companies. We’ll also clearly explain what to expect leading up to closing day and give you advice as to how to prepare.
Our goal is simple: To make your house sale and move a positive experience.
Want to learn more about how we can help you sell your property, while making the process easy for you? Please submit the form below or call, text or email us to schedule a no-obligation Personal Consultation.