As your Buyer’s agent, our job is to make the home buying process as pleasant and rewarding as possible. We do that in a number of ways…
- We will regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range.
- We’ll alert you when a desirable property suddenly comes on the market.
- We’ll schedule viewings that fit your schedule.
- Before you view a property, we’ll provide you with a detailed data sheet on the home. Later, if you have questions, we get the answers for you.
- We will provide you with information the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc.
- When you find a property you like, we’ll give you our honest, professional opinion, to help you make such an important decision.
As your real estate agent, we’re committed to helping you get the home you want.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Ready to get started? Call, text or email and let us know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and we’ll get back to you.
Get a Mortgage Pre-Approval
One of the most important ingredient in a successful home search is knowing how much you can afford. You don’t want to fall in love with a property only to find out it’s outside your price range.
That’s why we recommend getting a Mortgage Pre-Approval. This is a document or letter from your mortgage lender stating how much of a mortgage they are willing to give you. There are two advantages to getting this pre-approval:
- It gives you the peace-of-mind of knowing you can afford homes you view on the market, and won’t have problems arranging financing.
- It’s assurance to sellers that you are a serious, prepared buyer.
You can arrange for a Mortgage Pre-Approval with your bank or by working with a good mortgage broker. We can recommend a reputable broker, if you want us to. Please contact us.
Banks and lenders use specific criteria to determine how much of a mortgage they’re willing to offer you. They look at your income, expenses, credit history and employment status, as well as the down payment you plan to make on a home. It may seem like a scary process, but it is actually straightforward. You can usually get a Mortgage Pre-Approval in a day. You’ll be glad that you did.
Have questions about arranging financing? Please submit the form below or call, text or email us.
Making an Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, the first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document we, as your agent, present to the seller that basically states the price and terms you’re offering.
The offering price is critical. You want it to reflect the true value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to overpay. Don’t worry. We look after your interests throughout this process.
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- We’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, the approved forms include conditions, such as approval of financing, passing a home inspection, obtaining property insurance, as well as well and septic clauses, if applicable. We’ll talk about each one.
- We’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller or his/her real estate agent.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, We’ll work with the seller’s agent, negotiating on your behalf.
- We’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with us.
- Once the seller agrees to a the terms and conditions, we’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the transaction. Congratulations! The home is then yours.
We realize that making an offer is a stressful process. That’s why having an agent who puts you first is so important.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call, text or email us.
Ensuring the Closing Goes Smoothly
There are few things we enjoy more than saying to a client, “Your offer has been accepted!” That means that the seller has agreed to your terms, conditions, and the closing date.
Just because you now have an agreement doesn’t mean our work for you stops. On the contrary. There are a myriad of things we’ll do to ensure the process goes smoothly.
For example, we’ll take care of many of the administrative details on your behalf. We’ll work with the seller’s agent, your lawyer, and your mortgage lender to ensure that all the necessary paperwork has been completed and submitted.
Don’t worry about finding a home inspector, real estate lawyer, insurance agent, etc. We’ll provide you with a list of reputable professionals and companies to help you.
If at any time during the process you have a question, problem or concern, we’ll be there to help. You can count on us to be your agent before, during and after you cross the threshold into your new home.
If you have questions about the home buying process, please feel free to call, text or email or submit the form below.